My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Farewell Molly

Molly passed away last week, while I was visiting my Mom. I'm sad that I wasn't with her during her last few days. But she was with my husband. She spent her last evening with him and the other two cats on the couch, watching a show on TV. She died that night. It was not unexpected as she was very old and was getting quite frail. But it still came as a shock to me, I hadn't thought I'd never see her again.
Here are a few of her last photos..

sleeping in my art room

on the couch with Tas and Pippin

on my tiger pillow

Rest well, sweet kitty..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Gattina said...

I only can say the standard phrase " I am so sorry for you " but I know what it is when you loose a cat after so many years of life together. I had to experience it twice after 20 years . It is hard.
Thank you very much for your concern about Lisa. I just intended to go to the vet today. You can imagine we did everything so that she would stop yowling. Taking her, carrying her, put her in our bed etc.etc. but nothing helps ! It is only during the night. I left the light on, I feed her but she is still meowing. Sometimes it sounds like a cat in heat and I wonder if she hasn't some hormonal disturbances. I will certainly know more later.

March 12, 2008 at 12:32 AM  
Anonymous d. chedwick bryant said...

It is very difficult to lose a cat. They've cuddled with you for years, and communicated a thousand little things, a lot of love. All the playful times...you think of all the funny things they did when they were kittens.

Cats are very well rounded individuals, and teach us to relax and take naps--many times I have been made to sit still and relax because a cat was dozing on my lap.

You see them through illnesses and they see you through illnesses!

Molly was so beautiful--when I read about your trip to Holland I thought it might be her.
Nice that she was surrounded by loving friends (both cat and human)

Sorry you have to go through this time of mourning.

March 12, 2008 at 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Yolanda Elizabet said...

It is heartbreaking when we lose a beloved pet like your darling Molly. She was a very special kitty and fortunate to spend her life with you and your hubby in such a loving environment. Not all cats are as fortunate, as we both know.

Now it is time to grieve but don't forget to cherish the happy memories that you have of Molly!

Take care Silvia!

March 19, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home