My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Molly dissapears, Pippin is a hero!

I was gone for 2 weeks, visiting my Mom. While I was gone, Molly took to wandering around the neighborhood. My hubby thought she may have been searching for me, because I am her human. Molly is very old, she can't see, nor hear very well, so it's a bit dangerous for her to be out.

She loves comfort and warmth. Here she is in my son's bed, sleeping happily.
So during my absence, she wandered away one day, going out through the cat door. My hubby got home from work, and discovered she was gone. He searched all over. You can't call her, because she won't hear you, so it's a bit difficult to find her. No luck, so he went to sleep that night, leaving Molly wherever she had gone. It was a cold and rainy night, he was worried about her, and thought it might be the end for her. The next morning, she was still not home.


But Pippin was home that morning from his nightly travels. He seemed agitated, and meowed a lot at my Hubby, going to the front door and looking out. So hubby let him out the front door. Pippin still meowed, looking up at hubby. He seemed to want to take hubby for a walk. very odd.
Pip ran over to a neighbor's back garden, still making sure hubby was following. And there, hubby found Molly: cold, wet and miserable.

Pippin, our hero! What a cat! I'd never dreamed he would have done such a thing, looking out for his friend Molly. I wonder if he was with her during the night, maybe keeping her safe and a bit warmer. The little rascal, I thought he was a bit of a bully sometimes, he likes to play-attack Molly, and she hates that! But he's just being kittenish.

Here's a few pics of Pippin playing under a blanket:

8 Comments:

Anonymous meeyauw said...

Wow: that is amazing. I wonder how Pippin knew? Did he hear Molly with his excellent cat ears? Pippin does look like a rascal: a cute little rascal.

July 18, 2007 at 3:47 AM  
Anonymous FelineFrisky said...

My goodness! Pipin is fantastic, letting you know where to find Molly.

Cats are the most intelligent creatures I know of. They have the power to lead us where they want us and tell us what we need to know. Mine do it all the time.

Poor Molly, cold, wet & miserable. Pipin to the rescue! He deserves a salmon steak! LOL

D :)

July 19, 2007 at 12:21 PM  
Anonymous d. chedwick bryant said...

Cats are way smarter than anyone really thinks!

July 20, 2007 at 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Bob Dylan said...

I travel with a cat-- best little dreamer & pal a person on the road could have.

July 21, 2007 at 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Seis Gatos said...

Youre all lovely cats!!!!!!!!!
Wanna be friends? we are six peruvian kittens.
Hope you like our blog, we liker yous.

xoxo
Cucarañas

July 22, 2007 at 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Kelly said...

That is the sweetest story, and made me tear up. I've heard some great stories about Tas and Molly from Chris. I'm so glad Molly is safe and she has Pippin looking out for her. :)

July 27, 2007 at 11:27 PM  
Anonymous Laura said...

I bet that was a restless night for hubby. Nothing worse than just not knowing. This restores my faith in cats as not just being the fickle, selfishly independent little creatures I suspect they are... on occasion.

My mum, with diabetes and with very low blood-sugar, collapsed in our shed. Our neighbour found her with several neighbourhood cats upon her keeping her warm or warming themselves....you decide.

August 5, 2007 at 4:11 AM  
Anonymous Baby-Girl and Pok said...

Pippin is a hero! How wonderful that he cares for sweet Molly.

September 26, 2007 at 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home