My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The meeting of cats

Meow all!

One fine sunny day, Molly was asleep just inside our back door.

A few minutes later, as all cats can do, she had teleported to outside the back door.

Soon, along came a curious Smudge, the cat next door. I don't think she had met my cats yet.

Smudge comes in for a closer look.

Molly wakes up.. she can't see, being blind, but somehow knows there is a visitor nearby.

Tas notices a new cat in the garden, and comes outside for a better look. Molly feels Tas nearby and gives him a quick wash.

Tas pretends to ignore the visiting Smudge.

But curiosity gets the better of him, and he begins to approach Smudge.
Smudge is terrified and quickly rushes to hide behind my lavender.

Want to see more cat stories and pictures? Visit Gattina's Blog for Cats on Tuesday. Mew!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Gattina said...

Tas and Molly really look the same as Lisa and Kim !
The pictures are so cute and "spring feeling" even the little kiss she gave ! Poor Smudge seems to be afraid of Tas !

April 10, 2007 at 2:10 AM  
Anonymous Dragonheart said...

Molly, you look very cozy and comfy lying in the sun. :)

You and Tas did a good job checking out the neighbour's cat! I hope Smudge is friendly.

April 10, 2007 at 5:41 AM  
Anonymous Celeste said...

Molly is a beauty.

April 10, 2007 at 5:53 AM  
Anonymous srp said...

Smudge is shy, he just needs a little time to get to know you. Perhaps two cats overwhelmed him. If he sees how nice you play with each other, perhaps he will come back to play too.

April 10, 2007 at 7:39 AM  
Anonymous Damozel said...

Awwww, the grooming kitties are so sweet. I love it that Molly has developed her sixth sense to such a high level...

April 10, 2007 at 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Mom of three said...

It looks like Ireland is a fun place! I shall have to visit there in my travels. You look a lot like me Molly!

Ms. Fuzzy

April 10, 2007 at 11:29 AM  
Anonymous FelineFrisky said...

Molly is lovely - and blind??!! What a well adjusted one she is! D :)

April 10, 2007 at 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Luna said...

Lovely Molly with adorable guest in her garden. A sunny day there. Very beautiful photos !
Have a nice day :-)

April 10, 2007 at 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Molly said...

I love your cat pictures, and the story to go with them. I feel a special affinity for old blind Molly, of course. :)

April 10, 2007 at 3:20 PM  
Anonymous Suzanne R said...

A great cat story, told as you have done with pictures all along the way. All the kitties are very beautiful, too.

April 10, 2007 at 5:39 PM  
Anonymous Yolanda Elizabet said...

Hi Sylvia,

Your cats are seriously cute. Molly is wonderful. I'm glad she can live such a happy life, eventhough she cannot see. Give her a big hug from me, will you? And from my kitties too, all 9 of them. ;-)

April 13, 2007 at 11:10 AM  
Anonymous d. chedwick bryant said...

I met a cat named Mortimer today who looks like he could be Molly's brother.

April 13, 2007 at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home