My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Smudge

It's Cats on Tuesday again. You can see other cat's pics and stories by going to Gattina's blog.

There's a new kitten in town! The neighbors have taken in a little stray girl-kitten, named her Smudge. She's a little shy, but friendly. I think she has to get used to me a little more. She comes over to see what I'm doing in the garden, and follows at a safe distance. She approches me when I'm sitting down, and I can approach her when she's on "her" wall. A cute and sweet little cat!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Deana said...

Smudge has a very sweet and inquisitive looking little face! I am partial to black and whites.

March 20, 2007 at 6:17 AM  
Anonymous Dragonheart said...

Smudge is very cute. It's wonderful that the neighbours have taken her in! I hope they have her spayed so that more strays aren't born.

March 20, 2007 at 6:20 AM  
Anonymous Jodi said...

She is a gorgeous kitty!!

March 20, 2007 at 6:40 AM  
Anonymous d. chedwick bryant said...

A tuxedo! the sweetest of all! and what a nice nose.

March 20, 2007 at 8:36 AM  
Anonymous FelineFrisky said...

What an adorable little one she is! She shows great curiosity and she must trust you, to follow you about. Good traits. Welcome Smudge! D :)

March 20, 2007 at 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Luna said...

Smudge is a little bit like our Frieda. Frieda was a stray cat too.
A cute little kitty !!!

March 20, 2007 at 10:53 AM  
Anonymous d. chedwick bryant said...

Hi,
I work in Manhattan (1-3 days a week) and lived in Bklyn til I moved a bit north of the city. I am in Donegal whenever possible.

March 20, 2007 at 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Irish Church Lady :) said...

Arrrr! Thank ye fer visitin' our Cyber Cruise an sharin' some grog wit us pirates! Aye we may need a small kitty on board the ship to mind da rats. Maybe Smudge wants to come aboard! Ahoy!

March 20, 2007 at 5:24 PM  
Anonymous Gattina said...

It's unforgivable I missed you yesterday ! I had some troubles with Blogger comments, he didn't want ! Little Smudge is too cute !
You should have a look on my "meowless Wednesday" !

March 21, 2007 at 4:28 AM  
Anonymous d. chedwick bryant said...

hi again... Ive been depressed so I decided to have a huge blog party and invite everyone! stop by and have a few cocktails--or stay all night-- I hired a really good band!

March 23, 2007 at 7:46 AM  
Anonymous Princess Haiku said...

Your kitty photos are charming especially, Smudge.

March 24, 2007 at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home