My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Molly

Molly was a stray kitten we adopted in early 1988. Here she is, at age 19 this year. I am Molly's human. She loves comfort, my lap, the warm sun, a soft blanket. She loves cat food with jelly, she licks all the jelly off, and leaves the rest for the other 2 cats. She's getting on in years, going a bit deaf and slightly blind, but she still accompanies me into the garden, following me as I weed and putter about.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Rebsie Fairholm said...

Awwwww ... she's gorgeous!

I love old cats. We had an 18-year-old foisted on us a couple of years back when her owner died and she had nobody to look after her ... and we really loved her 'superior elderly lady' attitude! Although we only had the pleasure of her company for a year or so we adopted another 'old' cat to replace her (a 10-year-old, anyway).

We also have a black woolly cat who looks rather like Tas ... but there's no way she'd tolerate being photographed with a pretty little hat on!

August 15, 2006 at 3:27 AM  
Anonymous Becky said...

I love that look. Such attitude.

September 24, 2006 at 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Gattina said...

Apparently you have the same cat colors as me ! Molly looks like my Lisa and she is 15 years old !

October 17, 2006 at 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Des Traynor said...

Thats crazy I haven't seen Molly in years, doesn't look like she has changed much :)

Des

November 4, 2006 at 4:10 PM  
Anonymous d. chedwick bryant said...

what a beautiful portrait of Molly.

March 12, 2008 at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home